Why has Valentine’s Day become a day of exorbitant spending? I know that Valentine’s Day gets a bad rap…but this day of love doesn’t have to be about expensive flowers and dinners. So, here are some tips for a fabulous Valentine’s Day at home.
In 2020, I am trying to embrace this as the year of staying on a budget! So, I am going to list out a few ideas that can show the people in your life that you love them without breaking the bank. Staying in has never looked better!
With The Kids
- Let’s get in the kitchen together and make up a batch of heart shaped cookies! I mean let them get in there and get their hands dirty and make the sweetest cookies for the perfect Valentine Treats.
- In lieu of candy, why not make some protein power balls full of healthy goodness and chocolate. Or, how about a Valentine Chex mix? I mean how good does that look?
- Have your kids help you prep your table for a loving dinner with the whole family! Go outside and clip some greenery or flowers from the yard and put a single stem in a mason jar or a small vase on the table. I probably just saved you 100’s of dollars right there! LOL!
- Make a batch of heart shaped brownies and some homemade ice cream. Here is a link for plant based ice cream as well. So easy to make in your ice cream maker or blender.
With your Love
As you all know I LOVE to set a beautiful table. Cooking up a lovely dinner for my family is everything to me. Something about cooking for others just speaks to my love language. I try to include something for everyone. Maybe it’s my husbands favorite meal, my daughters favorite dessert and a little something plant based for me too. That way we are all happy! Below is a list of some of our favorite recipes:
- Jeff: Mexican Chimichangas & Bananas Foster
- Abbey: Homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Me: Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas (I replace all the dairy with plant based cheeses)
A Few Gifts For Her
Here are a few favorites that don’t break the bank! I also want to add some things you can do for him or with him. If your significant other is like mine, gifts are just okay…he prefers quality time.
Gifts For Him
- Intimate dinner at home
- tickets to HIS favorite sports event to go to together
- Get his car washed for him
- Rock Concert together that is his favorite band…not yours! 😉
As always, thanks for reading along with me everything I find fabulous,
P.S. Make sure to subscribe to stay updated on my fabulous!